Sunday 16 November 2014

Beauty Blender VS Dior Backstage Blender Review ❤


Hello friends, 

How you guys doing? I will be reviewing both Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge back to back. Since, it is highly requested; I ensured that I will be covering as much points as possible to ease all the drama between both of these sponges, ha ha. Joking. But seriously, I have tried and tested out these sponges for a long duration of time and can honestly share my experiences and opinions on both of these products. Also, I am going to mention and highlight on this blogpost about the differences, and similarities of these products side by side and which I do prefer. However, before I start reviewing both these products, I just want to claim  that I am not paid in any shape or form to share my opinions and truthfully, I just love sharing with you all these kind of reviews to help you choose whether If its worth it or not ;) 

Beauty Blender Description: "Beauty Blender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste makeup and can leave visible streaks. Beauty Blender's patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Beauty Blender is latex free, non-allergenic and odour free."

Dior Backstage Blender Description: "The egg-shaped, ergonomic Fluid Foundation Sponge delivers seamless application, even in the most hard-to-reach places, for a radiant and sculpted studio finish. Application tips: 1- Use the side of the sponge to blend foundation over the entire face. 2- Use the tip to apply foundation on specific areas (wings of the nose, eye contour, etc.)The base can be used to adjust coverage on areas that require greater correction. ". 


Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge. 

Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender (Side by Side, Close-up)

As shown in the above picture, I have both Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender next to each other. The Dior Backstage Blender is quite longer yet more of an oval Shape but the Beauty Blender is more rounder in the other end and pointier on the other. To be honest, they both look egg-shaped anyway. 

Comparing both blenders when not soaked in water, they both have closed pores nonetheless, their texture are somewhat different from each other. The Beauty Blender is a lot more 'bouncier' and more porous which allows water to pass through the blender yet the texture of the Dior Backstage Blender is quite Velvety, a lot more closed pores and not so 'bouncy'. 

Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge (When soaked with water)


Beauty Blender and Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge (When soaked in water and hand comparison)

As you can see in the above images, the Beauty Blender expanded its shape whilst being damped with water. This is because the pores of the sponge are a lot more open thus, allowed water to seep through. On the other hand, the Dior Blender remained as its original shape and size. After many trials of multiple use of both these sponges, I can honestly say that the damp Beauty Blender dries for quite a long duration of time compared with the Dior Blender Sponge. 

Cleanliness: I have attempted and tried to clean and disinfect these sponges using different products that could help not destroy its original shape, texture and colour. I mostly use baby shampoo to clean both the sponges by applying a good amount of product on the sponge then massaging it thoroughly on the palm of my hand under warm-to-cold water. Another cleaning application I found that works well with blenders are the Beauty Blender shampoo or soap. I am sure that there are hundreds of tutorials in Youtube that demonstrates how to clean Sponge Blenders any way, so therefore, I could save you some time instead of me blubbering further into a subject that has already been covered by many bloggers and MUAs. Here's an example:

Video Link: http://youtu.be/-ERzchbhxoo by Tracy Timberlake. 



Application use
  • Beauty Blender: There are many videos out there establishing on how to use this product and which makeup format works well with it. I just simply love using this sponge when damped with water to apply my regular liquid face products such as foundations, highlighters and concealers. It gives such a beautiful airbrush finish and you can definitely enjoy it more when it has been dampen as this allows to reduce and break down the feeling of heaviness and deep concentration of the foundation product into the skin. Firstly, I apply the foundation or concealer directly on the face using my fingers or brush then I blend it thoroughly in a patting motion using my damp Beauty Blender. 
  • Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge: The best method in which I use this Dior Blender is when its kept in its dry state and shape. This is because it does not really do much change even when it has been dampened with water. I love how easy it is to use without standing up and going to the sink to dampen it, ha ha. As repeated above, I use the same method on how I apply my liquid face products which are the simple apply with fingers then blend in a tapping motion.
I like using both sponges on liquid face products as it gives a radiant and flawless finish. However, I am not really a big fan using it with powder or creme format products as it does not give me the result I am looking for compared with using an actual makeup brush and puffs. 



Differences of: 
- Beauty Blender:
  • Air-brush finish
  • Helps break down the heaviness of the face product
  • Refreshes face
  • Odour-less
  • Variety of colours 
  • Best used when damped
  • Best applicator for liquid products
  • Availability everywhere. 
  • Softer and Spongier
  • Porous
  • Available shampoo and solid soap
- Dior Blender Sponge:
  • Air-brush finish
  • Cheaper price compared with the Beauty Blender
  • Easy to clean
  • Odourless
  • Best applicator for liquid products
  • Best used when dry
  • Not so fragile


My experience: Sharing my experience with both these sponges and I just wanted to assure you that everything mentioned in this section of the blog post are based on my actual thoughts and opinions of the product. As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo and it can be quite fragile so I had to be careful whilst cleaning and using it. I actually do prefer using this product whilst its damp and when being applied in a patting motion, it feels like you're punching your face with cotton balls haha.  

I am starting to also love the Dior Blender Sponge but still getting used to how I prefer using it and so on. My experience with this product is quite different than it is with the Beauty Blender. You do not have to damp this product and it is a go-to-makeup tool that allows you to quickly access on blending  your concealer or foundation, when you are running late in your usual errand or work. The con's in which I faced with this product are that when using it in a patting motion, it feels like you're punching yourself with rubber and its texture in my opinion, are like any other makeup sponge you find from the pound stores or any drugstores. I do not really see the hype on this product, I guess its just the brand name that got me into buying it. I do not regret any of my decisions because it is always great to have sponges in your beauty makeup kit. I still do prefer my Beauty Blender. 

There you go guys and girls, This is my whole review of both the Beauty Blender and the Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge back-to-back. I hope you enjoyed reading my review on these products as much as I have reviewing and sharing it for you all. Please, if you have time. Let me know your thoughts and opinions too underneath this blog post. Thank you so much guys. Underneath this, I will be posting the prices and where you can all purchase both these products. 

Price & Websites
  • Beauty Blender £15-£28


- Selfridges: http://bit.ly/1xDNBSp
- Beauty Blender Website: http://bit.ly/1y5C9hW
- Beauty Bay: http://bit.ly/1cGS9KA
  • Dior Backstage Blender Foundation Sponge £10.80-£12


- Debenhams: http://bit.ly/11dZgLY
- Selfridges: http://bit.ly/1uzf6gc

P.S. I will have a tutorial coming up soon demonstrating on how I apply my liquid products using the Dior Backstage Blender.

Have a great days guys and take care,

Sette Ventura ❤


6 comments:

  1. Which one do you like more? The one from real techniques or this backstage blender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I do like both as they are different from one another. However, If I was going to pick one, it will probably be the one from real techniques, because it has its own unique texture and can give you a nice finish but the backstage blender is like any other sponges in my opinion yet it is not as fragile as the real techniques sponge and would probably last longer. I just like how the real techniques sponge is much more comparable and alike with the beauty blender.

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree with you both of these products are known because for their own importance and functionality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Blender Sponge pointed & rounded tips for multiple . I prefer the beauty blender or the sponge from Real Techniques over this one. Beautyblender is the most versatile make up tool, Washable, re-useable, recyclable. Can be used with all types of makeup. Use damp or dry.Beauty Blender Dubai | UAE Online Shopping Websites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. Nothing in the market compares with the Beauty Blender. A must-have tool! <3

      Delete

I just recently enabled my comments section so feel free to comment, friends :)